Functionalhand – universal grip aid for poor hand function
£33.76 Inc. VAT
- Invented by both an occupational therapist and physical therapist to aid those who have difficulties gripping or holding objects – a useful daily living aid for those with disabilities such as Cerebral Palsy, tetraplegic/quadriplegics, those recovering from a stroke or anyone with limited hand function
- Functionalhand securely holds objects of different shapes and sizes firmly and securely – ideal for a multitude of activities for both children and adults
- Excellent gripping aid that can be used to hold pencils, tablet styluses, arts and craft supplies, make-up brushes, dining utensils, phones, bottles and much, much more
- Can be used in both a vertical and horizontal grip
- Features an easy adjust tightener that secures objects in place to prevent slipping
- VAT EXEMPTION available for those with qualifying conditions.
The functionalhand is a revolutionary universal cuff that aids those who have difficulty gripping and holding items. The functional hand provides both adults and children with hand-related disabilities the ability to use a whole range of tools and everyday objects independently, promoting inclusion and dignity.
The Functionalhand was co-created by an occupational therapist and physical therapist with over 30 years experience working with disabled people, and patients with impairments of the hand.
The Functionalhand not only assists you hold and use objects, but also acts as a form of bi-manual therapy promoting the use of both hands. It also strengthens the hands, shoulder, elbow, and wrists – helping to prevent muscle deterioration due to arthritis or degenerative disease.
The everyday uses of the Functionalhand are endless, however below is a list of some of the most common, practical ways the Functionalhand can assist both children and adults on a daily basis:
- Preparing food and holding utensils and cutlery
- Zipping-up clothing and daily dressing
- Personal care such as applying make-up, shaving, brushing hair and teeth etc
- Office and work-related tasks such as typing, browsing and writing
- Outdoor pursuits and sports such as bicycling, sports, dog walking, gardening, using gym equipment and more
- Helping children at school, and to play with toys and access educational materials
15 in stock